It is being opened in accordance with the Governor’s (removed apostrophe) Executive Orders, and the guidelines of the CDC and NC Department of HHS.
The Maximum Emergency Capacity will be limited to 13 total persons either on the pool deck or in the pool at any time.
Enter the pool area at your own risk, and follow CDC Guidelines:
1. If you have a fever, cough or not feeling well, do not enter the pool area.
2. No more than 13 total persons in the pool and or pool deck. Please limit your time in the pool and pool area, (first in-first out) to allow others access as to not exceed 13 persons at one time.
3. The pool will be open only to owners and long-term renters (90 days or greater). Only Marsh Winds Owners and or their long-term renters are allowed in the pool area. No guests and or family members whatsoever until further notice.
4. Social Distancing is mandated - Maintain social distancing (6 Ft.) both in the pool and on the pool deck- face masks are recommended while on the pool deck. Face masks are not allowed in pool.
5. All Marsh Winds pool furniture will be stored and not available. Bringing your own chairs is allowed;no other furniture permitted. Your chair must be removed when you leave the pool area.
6. Bring your own hand sanitizer and wipes and wipe down touch points and toilets before and after use for the protection of your family and your neighbors. Wash your hands with soap and water for a min. of 20 seconds when entering and before leaving the pool bathroom and frequently while at the pool.
7. Only non-alcoholic beverages are allowed, no food allowed on the pool deck.
8. No shared toys or floats are allowed in the pool. Life jackets and child flotation devices are permitted.
9. Lost and found items will be discarded daily.
10. The pool and pool deck will be closed when the pool is being serviced by the pool company.
A resident/renter found in violation of these special rules may be suspended from pool use and or fined. If the rules are not followed this will result in the closure of the pool.
Please be advised that the pool area and pool bathrooms are not stocked with hand sanitizer or wipes.
Disclaimer: For your health and the health and safety of our community and our staff, please exercise social responsibility while on premises. Neither the HOA, its management company nor the pool operator can be responsible for preventing the spread of germs throughout the facility, including related to COVID-19. The facilities are open to use AT YOUR OWN RISK, and users are responsible for wiping down surfaces, social distancing within the facility as publicly recommended or required, and using personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, etc.) in accordance with CDC requirements. Individuals entering the facility are specifically warned that the HOA cannot guarantee the premises are sanitized to the degree that would prevent the spread of COVID-19.
DO NOT ENTER THE POOL FACILITY IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS A COUGH, FEVER, OR OTHER SYMPTOM OF ILLNESS OR HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
These rules were reviewed and approved by the Marsh Winds Board of Directors on July 15, 2020
With the opening of the pool on July 20, 2020, the following information is being given to all owners. Opening the pool is not without risks. Therefore, it is imperative that anyone choosing to enter the pool enclosure must follow all pool rules and guidelines (see in the section below) if the pool is to remain open during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
From Marsh Winds Board of Directors
I am Steven Rosen, and I am the onsite Community Manager for the Property Owners Association (POA) and it’s Board of Directors at Marsh Winds. When you have questions about Marsh Winds or have problems with operations in Marsh Winds, I am here to help. Below is a list of helpful information about Marsh Winds.
Marsh Winds is first and foremost a residential community and as such, owners are expected to maintain that type of environment whether while in residence or as a rental unit.
As a condominium owner you are now a member of a POA, Marsh Winds Owners Association, a non-profit corporation. Omega Association Management, Inc. provides the association financial and property management services for Marsh Winds Villas, including management of all of our legal documents. I strongly recommend that you register with Omega and access Omega’s website at www.omegamgmt.com. On the Omega Website you can monitor your Omega account information as well as view the legal documents.
I have compiled a list of, what I hope is important and helpful information, “need to know” here in Marsh Winds.
For all Police, Medical, or Fire emergencies call 911.
St. James Security only handles traffic/vehicle matters.
For other non- emergencies call the Brunswick County Sheriff at 910-253-2777.
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions concerning the building exteriors, grounds, lawn, pool amenities or maintenance, please feel free to contact me, Steve Rosen, your on-site Community Manager.
Omega Association Management
Please also visit and familiarize yourself with this website: www.MarshwindsatSaintJames.com
Here you will also find all the documents found on the Omega Website, but also important dates of events, notices and contact information. This site has been designed to be used by our owners or a friendly site for renters and potential property owners to view pictures of Mash Winds Villas, gain information about Saint James and local sites of interest. Please familiarize yourself with the legal documents, Declaration Creating Unit Ownership and By-laws of the Marsh Winds Owners Association, Inc. These will help you understand your rights and privileges as an owner, as well as the rules under which your Board of Directors must operate. This information will also help you obtain proper insurance for your condo. Your agent must understand these documents along with the North Carolina General Statutes pertaining to Condominiums (47C).
Brunswick County Public Utilities (www.brunswickcountync.gov/utilities/ ) provides your water and sewer service. Your water service is rather straightforward. Most units have hot and cold water distribution panels located in the main unit laundry area. From here you can turn off supply water to the individual fixtures throughout the condo. Sewage might be handled a bit differently than what you may be familiar with. Household waste flows to a “grinder pump” holding tank located underground, just outside your condo unit. From there it is pumped into the county disposal system. Your responsibility ends when the waste leaves you unit and enters the grinder pump. Any problems with this system such as a flashing red light, alarm buzzer or foul odor must be reported to Brunswick Public Utilities. Contact phone numbers are:
Electric power is provided by Brunswick Electric Membership Corporation (BEMC). Meters and main disconnects for each unit are located at ground level on the sides of each building. Individual circuit breakers are in a breaker panel in your main unit’s laundry area.
There are two providers of Cable TV, high speed internet and telephone:
Household waste and recyclable collection is provided by Brunswick County as part of your county property taxes. Each building is provided with three (3) 90-gallon containers (grey) for household garbage and one (1) 90-gallon container (blue) for approved recyclables. Trash is picked up every MONDAY and recyclables every-other MONDAY. Please refer to the
Omega website under the “Community Information” tab, then select “Documents”. There you will click on the folder “Other Documents” on the left column. Please read the “Trash/Recycling Info” for details on proper disposal of household waste and recyclables. This information is also found on this Website under the Rules and Docs tab.
The swimming pool is part of the Association’s common amenities, accessible only to owners and their guests. Two keys to the gate are provided to all owners and should be passed along to new owners. It is the owner’s choice to provide a key to renters but always the owner’s responsibility for guest behavior and key control. Please read and understand the swimming Pool Rules posted on the pool gate as well as any pool “open / closed” sign.
Trailers of any kind, Recreation Vehicles and other oversized vehicles are not to be parked in the parking lot any longer than 72 hours. Unlicensed, uninspected or non-running vehicles are not permitted to be parked in Marsh Winds. Parking for any of these vehicles is available through “Plantation Services”, just inside the main gate off St. James Drive. Check with Security at the gate or call Plantation Services at 910-253-7650 to make arrangements for this parking.
Postal boxes for each unit are located in the kiosk between buildings #2 and #3. Owners maintain their condo postal box key. For replacement locks/keys or delivery problems, contact the Community Manager at (860) 463-5888.
Brunswick County and North Carolina law dictate NO open flame BBQ grills are allowed on front or rear decks. Grills must be kept a minimum of twenty-five (25) feet from any building and away from wood, mulch or other flammable items.
The painting, new roofs and gutter work was budgeted and paid from the Reserve Fund.
Two property tours have been conducted with Board of Directors participation. Items planned to be addressed this fiscal year are:
An Architectural Modification Request Form and Construction Registration and Information Packet was developed and approved by the Board in its July 2018 meeting.
The main purpose of the request form is to provide guidance to our owners and contractors when planning a renovation project, assure conformity with our Rules and Regulations, and avoid serious problems to unit owners who can be affected by projects that are done without the proper permits, uninsured contractors and oversight from the Brunswick County Code Department.
A new website for Marsh Winds Villas at marshwindsatsaintjames.com is under development and will be completed in September 2018. The website can be viewed on computers and smart phones, and will contain links to important documents for property owners and renters. It is open to the public but has a private section for property owners. To access the private section all property owners will receive an email link at the time of access.
A landscape taskforce was formed to begin to plan for the re-landscaping of the grounds of Marsh Winds. The taskforce is focusing on the front of the buildings including the removal of existing plantings and replacement, ground cover, erosion control and drainage. An initial quote has been received from our current landscape company and we will seek a second bid. Given the cost of this project it will budgeted for over several years.
ATMC should complete their installation of digital fiber optic cable TV, phone and internet to all of our 11 buildings by early September. If you choose to have ATMC as your provider, you can wire your lockout unit separate from the main unit. Once the installation is complete, ATMC will be notifying you of how to sign up for their service. It’s your choice if you want to remain with Spectrum or utilize the services of ATMC.
A pool key and key tag is required as an I.D. or you will be asked to leave. The hours of operation are from 8am to 8 pm. The pool is used at your own risk, with COVID rules taking precedant over these rules.
NO LIFE GUARDS ON DUTY.
When using the pool, please read and respect the rules posted at the entrance of the pool and other signs posted on the premise.
The Pool Rules are:
1. Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
2. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
3. Children in diapers must wear swim diapers to enter the pool.
4.No glass beverage containers are allowed in the pool area, plastic is permitted.
5. No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the pool area at any time, in any form.
6. No pets are allowed in the pool area at any time. –
7. No smoking inside the pool gate at any time. –
8. No street clothing may be worn in the pool to include cotton t-shirts, cut off jeans or flip flops.
9. No diving into the pool, running or horseplay inside the pool gate is allowed. 10.Throwing of footballs, tennis balls or other objects, spouting water, splashing and tag games are not allowed.
10. The playing of loud music at the pool area or any common area is prohibited. The primary objective of Marsh Winds Community is to assure the quiet enjoyment of all association members and their guests.
11. Pool furniture is provided for the enjoyment of the owners and their guests. Pool furniture may not be removed from the pool area at any time. All chairs, tables and umbrellas, must be returned to the positions they were before using. Any refuse generated must be disposed of in the proper containers or removed from the pool area and placed in the appropriate waste containers.
12. No personal property may be stored in the pool area. Items will be removed and disposed of by the Community Manager.
Violations of these pool rules are considered a fineable offense of $50.00 for the first offense and $100.00 for the second and all subsequent offenses. Owners must inform their renters concerning the pool policy. The fines will be charged to the appropriate owner’s account.
There is a $25.00 charge for a replacement key. Contact the Community Manager.
The Board of Marsh Winds wishes you a wonderful summer season.
Marsh Winds, HOA